Hiring Continuing Unimpeded According to the Fed
Economic activity and hiring continued to expand over the past 4 weeks, according to the http://www.bls.gov):
– Over the month, construction employment increased by 37,000, with much of the gain (17,000) occurring in heavy and civil engineering construction. Part of the increase has been attributed to cleanup and rebuilding in New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
– Manufacturing hiring edged up only slightly in November, with the most notable increases in wood products and computer and electronic products.
– Employment in financial activities continued to grow in November, with increases in credit intermediation reaching 5,000.
– Health care employment increase in November as well, adding 20,000 jobs. The industry has added 263,000 jobs since November 2004.
– Employment in the leisure and hospitality industry edged increased in November, by a total of 39,000 new jobs.
– Professional and technical services employment increased by 22,000 in November.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.